Re: [xml] xmlParseFile;encode - newbie question

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:59:51PM +0200, Pieter Louw wrote:
#The cleanest way I can think of to handle this
#is to have a "forgiving" mode for libxml2 that treats bad entity references
#as plain text.

Is there currently a feature available to put the parser in "forgiving"
mode?

  Yes but you MUST fix the problem on input. Especially for this kind
of stupid, obvious brokeness. I'm horribly serious about this, and
there is no garantee I will keep that mode available except for a couple
of API calls purely dedicated to recovery in the future.
  You are warned, I already stated the input must be fixed, and you
must not rely on libxml2 to work around XML well-formedness errors,
if I see this being abused I will just drop the support, I hope this
is cristal clear.

Daniel