From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: 03 February 2005 08:37
To: Couch, PA (Philip)
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] xpointer range in attribute node

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 05:48:44PM -0000, Couch, PA (Philip) wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to use libxml's xpointer implementation to locate ranges that are completely enclosed in
attribute nodes?

  From my recollection, no it's not possible. Attributes aren't represented
on screen and I thing strings in attribute values were not part of the
requirement of rendering selection in XPointer.

Using libxml, I get empty location sets from xpointer expressions of the form:

xpointer(string-range(//node/@attribute,"string",start,length))

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give,

Phil.

Daniel