Re: [xml] Schema validation error - enumeration

Hi,

Von: Israel Ganor <ganor softlink com>
Datum: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:10:38 +0200

Hi,

I have a severe schema validation error with libxml2 ver 2.6.20 (Win32
binaries).
I simplifies the error to a minimal schema and XML file (see attached).

When validating the file using xmlSchemaValidateDoc(), I get this error on
line 4:
Element 'DOWNLOAD', attribute 'DOWNLOAD-METHOD': 'fastcopy' is not a valid
value of the local atomic type.

Might have been a bug in 2.6.20.
The latest version is 2.6.22, and actually I recommend using the schema
processor as it is in the CVS head.
But I see that the Win32 binaries for the last two releases are not
available. If Igor doesn't wake up until the 4th of Januar, I'll try to
provide them and will inform you.

Surprisingly, xmllint.exe successfully validates this file and schema.
In addition, XmlSpy validates it successfully.

Yes, the schema + instance are perfectly valid.
But beware of XMLSpy's schema processor. I recommend using the latest Xerces
schema processor as a reference validator.

What is the problem?
And why xmllint and xmlSchemaValidateDoc() give different results?

xmllint uses xmlSchemaValidateDoc() as well, so I don't know what exactly
causes this effect on your side. You could look into the source of xmllint
and compare your validation code with it. Be sure that xmllint and your app
use the same libxml2.DLL; i.e. it might be the case that xmllint or your app
use an older DLL. Scan your drive for multiple libxml2.DLLs.

Regards,

Kasimier