Re: [xml] problems with entity in default namespace declaration

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 02:24:40PM +0100, Lars Weber wrote:

does anyone know what could be the reason for xmllint outputting

        test.rdf:8: parser warning : xmlns: URI &foo; is not absolute
        <foo xmlns="&foo;"

when confronted with the following document

        <?xml version="1.0"?>
        <!DOCTYPE foo [
        <!ENTITY foo "";>
        <!ENTITY bar "";>
        <foo xmlns="&foo;"

When I exchange the entity reference &foo; with I don't
get the above warning.

  bugzilla this, this should not happen. But in general using entities
for namespace values is of poor taste.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat