Re: [xml] PATCH: gzip decoding support for remote HTTP resources

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:12:27AM +0000, Gary Coady wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:51:38AM +0000, Gary Coady wrote:

Hi there,
attached is a sample patch which might be useful for retrieving
compressed resources over HTTP. It sends the "Accept-Encoding" header,
and then passes the response through zlib if the "Content-Encoding"
response header is appropriately set.

  Sounds cool, but I'm a bit worried by the case where the return is not
compressed, in xmlNanoHTTPRead() you will pass
  if (ctxt->usesGzip == 1 && ctxt->strm == NULL)
because ctxt->usesGzip should be 0, but  ctxt->strm will be NULL and
will be dereferenced on the next line. It seems to me that this whole
chunk of code need to be garded by
   if (ctxt->usesGzip) {
   }
and normal existent code should be run in the default case. Otherwise the
patch looks fine. Can you confirm my analysis ?

I realized this morning that I hadn't handled the non-gzip case, but
didn't quite get into work before you looked at the patch :-)

  haha :-)

An updated patch is attached.

  looks good, applied, works fine for me, commited !

   thanks a lot !

Daniel