Re: [xml] XHTML Doc serialization and meta element

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 07:15:01PM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
Not sure which way this is going to be handled, but I took a crack at
doing it when serializing.
Attached is the diff of the changes I made (only meant to look at not
meant to be commited).
It looks a bit hackish, but couldnt see any other way to do it.
Didn't touch the HTMLTree.c file at this point till its decided if this
is to be done during serialization or one of the other possible ways.

Another thing doing it this way is previously, meta element is only
added if dumping the document element (html).
Now, if the head element were dumped as the top node in
xmlNodeDumpOutput, the meta element is still going to be added to the
output as there is no way to know then first node being dumped since all
that is avaiable is the node and the xmlSaveCtxt (probably not a big
deal though).

  Okay I read the patch, this is basically the way I would prefer to see
this implemented. Of course there might be some details to get right,
I would expect for example the serialization to be the same to the old
code in the majority of the cases (i.e. running the test suite would raise
a difference only for the XHTML document with an http-equiv meta element
in head assuming we have any of those). Goal is to have the least surprize
possible for those already using the feature whithout knowing :-), and
avoid the modification of the tree which is nasty.

  So I like it but the devil is in the details :-)

Daniel