[xml] XML:: LibXml not recognising windows style paths in external entity references.

Title: XML:: LibXml not recognising windows style paths in external entity references.

Hi,

I am parsing xml files using XML::LibXML with the perl installation under windows. I installed LibXML using ppm with packages from the location

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/

For xml files that have external (parsed) entity references in the following form,

<!ENTITY entity_name SYSTEM "..\..\..\ref_file.xml">  ### Note the windows style path…

LibXML parser aborts saying
parser error : Invalid URI: ..\..\..\ref_file.xml  <!ENTITY entity_name SYSTEM "..\..\..\ref_file.xml">

But XML::DOM can parse the same file with out any problems. Could any body help???

Note: The problem does not exist with LibXML if the path style is changed to "../../../ref_file.xml"

Thanks,
Arun.