Re: [xml] How to detect at run-time whether libxml2 was compiled with enabled mutlithreading support?

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 08:01:44PM +0300, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
On 8/3/05, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
  libxml2 should always be compiled with thread support.
Unless on a very stange OS.

Sometimes, the FreeBSD ports are looks very strange indeed... :-(
But "vanilla" libxml2 port from the FreeBSD-5.4 compiled w/o threads
support by default.

  Hum, annoying ! We must know why, this could make PHP5 XML support
unstable for example (I assume PHP5 has thread support !)
And for detecting "at runtime" that means from a binary linking to the
shared lib, it's really unclear unless you have introspection capability
e.g. if the shared library has an __xmlMalloc() entry point or not.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team