[xml] libxml2 install

It is such a time wasting. The configure options are sequence matter and
it is not mentioned. For example, if only I put --prefix=/mydir as the
last option, the generated executable file:xmlcatalog and xmllint would
still look up /usr/local directory. When I execute make tests after get
libxml installed, there were lots error message of Cannot create the
specified file and finally stopped on:xmlRegisterCharEncodingHandler:
NULL handler ! I have to close the terminal to get ride of it.

Anyone could give a help?

Thanks in advance

John Du