Re: [xml] some basic questions.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:20:53PM +0300, Manos Moschous wrote:
What am i want to do is to use an HtmlParser(not xmlParser) within Apache
Web server
and change (add attributes, remove attributes, add elements, remove
elements) the html file that parses.
I work under windows 2000 platform.

Is it possible using the htmlParser of libxml library..?

  yes.

I found in the documentation some examples for changing xml files (they use
"xmlNewProp" for adding properties and "xmlNewTextChild" for elements).
There aren't any similar functions in htmlParser.c file.
Can i use these functions for html files..?

  yes the html and the xml parsers produce the same kind of trees.

Could somebody please give me some basic directions..?

  htmlReadxxx instead of xmlReadxxxx

  http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html#xpath2.c
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-HTMLparser.html
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-HTMLtree.html