Re: [xml] Possible bug with iconv-less UTF8 to ISO-8859-15 conversion

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:46:05AM +0800, William M. Brack wrote:
Peter Jacobi said:
Hi Daniel,

it seems you're confirming the bug, if this is the case can you provide a
small patch so there is no doubt what need to be changed and how. If not
Mark should open a bug report so that we can double check what is going on,

Mark has 99.98% convinced me, that there is stupid bug in the code, I'll do
my own tests on the weekend.

I'm not sure if adding my 2 cents will help to bring that up to 100% (apples and
oranges?),but I took a look into the code and agree with Mark's original post.
 Also,
the translation of the euro (Unicode U+20AC) fails because of the two lines
"further
down", since that is a 3-byte UTF8 sequence (E2 82 AC).  With those corrections,
it all seems to work OK (euro translates correctly "both directions").

  Cool, so you have the fix, let's commit it. Doesn't block Peter from
double-checking it over the week-end :-)

Daniel