RE: [xml] (no subject)

Thanks for the info. It turned out not to be a thread issue. I ran testThread and everything worked fine. I narrowed it down to a hang in malloc_consolidate on the subsequent xmlParseMemory calls. At that point, I went back to the xml mailing list archives and found some info on setting the MALLOC_CHECK_ environment variable to get some diagnostic output from malloc. The diagnostic output indicated that it was actually free from within xmlFreeDoc that was having an issue trying to free an invalid pointer and this manifested itself at runtime by hanging in malloc_consolidate. I found a bug in my code which was freeing the root node of the document prior to calling xmlFreeDoc. I apologize for the verbosity but I just wanted to make sure nobody has to run down this path again :-)
Thanks again,

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]