Re: [xml] method getNamedItem() of class DOMNamedNodeMap

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 11:21:25AM -0400, Wayne Ayotte wrote:
// however, the following line causes no output to appear at the client, even previous echo's -- probably
not reaching flush
echo get_class ( $objNamedNodeMap->getNamedItem ( "empHours" );  // from $str: <input name="empHours" ...
// I do get an appropriate warning from
echo get_class ( $objNamedNodeMap->getNamedItem ( 0 );  // warning ... expects exactly 1 parameter 0 given

I have no urgent need for this. I am studying php/classing/xml/xsl. I most likely committed a very newbie
error, simply transmit this msg to the nearest bit bucket and except my apologies.

  I bet:
    1/ getNamedItem get XPath under the hood, or is defined in XPAth terms
    2/ you xhtml has a default namespace.
    3/ getNamedItem end up doing //empHours which won't select any node
       in a default namespace.

 it's XPath #1 pitfall for beginners.

Daniel