Re: [xml] PR XInclude - state of the implementation

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 11:40:44AM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
Hi,

The proposed recommendation for XML Inclusions (XInclude) Version 1.0 is
  relatively fresh - 3 weeks. Since I found only 2 TODOs in xinclude.c,
it looks like the implementation is quite complete. Nevertheless, I
would like to ask if any incomplete/missing/problematic aspects of the
proposed recommendation are known - with respect to libxml2's
implementation.

  Not really. There is an xml:lang fixup added recently to the spec
that I didn't implemented (not mandatory) and there is 3 tests in the
regression that libxml2 fails and I didn't took the time to check
  http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xinclude-implementation/report.html
all around failure to detect an invalid XInclude construct.

  One of the changes would be to add the support at a lower level in
the parser, basically before SAX, but it would be a bit more complex,
I would not do this before it's officially a W3C Recommendation.

  BTW if your employer is a W3C member, please take the time to contact
your W3C Advisory Comitee representative to ask him to vote for XInclude.
I't about that that spec finally get to REC status.
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

Daniel