[xml] Re: [xslt] patch - xsltAttrListTemplateProcess

  I just did that. There is a new configure option:
      --with-run-debug        add the runtime debugging module (off)
which is off by default and if turned on add tree checking each time
you free a document tree. The set of checkings done can be extended

Cool.  I am swamped right now but will take a look soon to see if I can help
out further.  These issues are hard to find even with tools such as
Purify/valgrind.  Oddly when I found the original issue of this thread it only
crashed when using the libxml2 debug memory routines.