[xml] Re: [xslt] patch - xsltAttrListTemplateProcess

[Cc'ing to xml gnome org list since this affects libxml2 mostly]

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:30:37AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:54:41PM -0700, Mark Vakoc wrote:
parent set to target but the doc set to ctxt->output, which may not be the same
as the target->doc.  As an attribute's document and the attribute's parent
[...]
  Yes I understand. I understand also that it may not be trivial at all to
reproduce on an independant test case. One debugging step which may be added
to libxml2 is a tree construct checking debugging, like a non-verbose version
of xmlDebugDumpxxx routines of debugXML.c but with just the PBM: checks and
output parts. Running those checks when doing debugging (for example when
freeing tree parts) might catch such problems. That should be investigated
that can probably be done relatively easilly, and may lead to interesting
results.

  I just did that. There is a new configure option:
      --with-run-debug        add the runtime debugging module (off)
which is off by default and if turned on add tree checking each time
you free a document tree. The set of checkings done can be extended
(like verifying UTF-8 text node content and more structure checks),
but right now I have been focusing on the integration and fixing the
errors this raised. I fixed the problem found in libxml2 regression
tests, and still have to clean up the issues showing up in libxslt
regression tests. But this is already useful, I found a few hidden
but real issues in the libs already. Check the beginning of debugXML.c
in libxml2 to see the checking code. Patches for improvement of the
checking rules are welcome. I may open the API to allow checking of
a subtree too.

Daniel