Re: [xml] problem with relaxng validation

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:06:51PM +0100, Lars Oppermann wrote:
Hi,

I tried to validate some OpenOffice.org documents with xmllint with our
relaxng schema
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6033/office-schema-1.0-cd-1.rng)

xmllint reports the following error when parsing the schema:
element ref: Relax-NG parser error : Found forbidden pattern list//ref

Although it is true, that the relaxng spec constraints refs in lists,
constraints are only to be applied after simplification has occured. The
simplification however would resolve the ref.

  Seems to be an implication of 4.19 in the spec. Please bugzilla this.

I suspect, that xmllint might try to check the constraints before the
grammer is simplified (or the simplification of refs doesn't work as
described in the specification)

  Implementation is slightly different than the canonical model described
in the specification.

Test case:

  Please attach the test to the bugzilla entry,

   thanks,

Daniel