Re: [xml] Catalog & Schema

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 10:40:27PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
  I see no reason why schemas or relaxng would be any different.
You need to debug your catalog but there are ways to do this !
  http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html#validate

Perhaps you can tell something from the bash sequence below. That there is no
debug output from validating the Schema pussles me.
[...]
It looks like the catalog isn't activated when xmllint is run. What have I
done wrong?

  Well all I can tell is that:
    xmllint --schema uses xmlSchemaParse()
    xmlSchemaParse uses xmlReadFile()
    xmlReadFile() uses xmlCreateURLParserCtxt()
    xmlCreateURLParserCtxt() uses xmlLoadExternalEntity()

if the file exists as is then it will be fectched directly
otherwise there is a catalog lookup done from
xmlDefaultExternalEntityLoader()
I really can't debug your specific problem, but I see no reason
why the catalog would not work. Maybe it's the --nonet option ...

Daniel