Re: [xml] patch: xmlTextReaderHasAttributes doesnt account for nsDef

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 08:03:00AM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
Just wanted to make sure someone got it so I could move on to to other
things and forget it:)

On an unrelated note, could a heads up be sent to the list prior to a
release (at least a couple days)? Sometimes one is sent especially with
major changes, but found some issues after the fact with some releases due
to minor changes. This would at least give us (the end developer) a warning
and if we dont get a chance to test with it, its our own fault. Just gets
tough when trying to support multiple libxml versions.

  Hum, I didn't had a policy about this sometimes I do but most times I don't,
usually I say so on the #xml IRC channel when synchronizing with William
and Kasimier, but yes I perfectly understand your point.

Did the change to isolat1ToUTF8 generate much troubles ? I had a hard time
deciding what was the best way to handle this, but fixing the API to
enforce the xmlCharEncodingInputFunc() and xmlCharEncodingOutputFunc()
definition everywhere was really looking like the right thing to do over
the long term maintainance of the library.

Daniel