Re: [xml] libxml2 XPath performances

It is very illuminating to read the diverse comments on this thread about XPath, as I have to keep in mind what potentially could be a vast number of XML parsing which my program will perform in a production environment, hence I have to keep performance in mind (Expat is out of the equation for me, since libXML has the speed plus an excellent feature set :o) . What I imagined libXMl might have done on the initial validation/node creation list when reading an XML file is to perform a hash tree of some sort, but it seems that is not the case. With the Xpath logic aside, I reckon an LZW compression-like hashing system could work quite well. Any comments on implementing something of this sort?

Regards,
                Jose.

--
Experience, n.: Something you don't get until just after you need it. -- Olivier