Re: [xml] ID attribute in xml

No i haven't. I'm not too familiar with XPath...

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:46:14 -0800, Cory Nelson <phrosty gmail com> wrote:
Have you tried using XPath?

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:47:18 -0500, Kedar Joshi <kpjoshi gmail com> wrote:
Using libxml, I am creating the DOM tree from a parsed XML file. What
i need is to get the pointer to some NODE in the tree from an ID
attribute asigned in the XML file.

Do i have to create the hash table of attributes on my own or is it
created by the following calls, or in any other way?
..
 xmlDocPtr doc;
 xmlNodePtr cur;
  /*
   * build an XML tree from a the file;
   */
  doc = xmlParseFile(filename);
  cur = xmlDocGetRootElement(doc);

here is the structure of xmlDocPtr

typedef xmlDoc *xmlDocPtr;
struct _xmlDoc {
.
.
  void           *ids;        /* Hash table for ID attributes if any */
  void           *refs;       /* Hash table for IDREFs attributes if any */
.
.

};

thanks,