[xml] Relative path to DTD: should it work?

Hello all,

I have a simple XML document that specifies a DTD like this:

<!DOCTYPE qa SYSTEM "qa.dtd">

When I try to validate this document against the DTD, libxml2 complains with ‘failed to load external entity “qa.dtd”’. If I modify the entity path to be absolute, as in

<!DOCTYPE qa SYSTEM "c:/development/qa.dtd">

it works. I’ve tried searching in the mailing archive, and it seems like relative paths should work. Am I doing something wrong? Here’s the flags I use when creating my xmlReaderForMemory:

XML_PARSE_RECOVER | XML_PARSE_DTDVALID | XML_PARSE_DTDATTR | XML_PARSE_NOENT

This is with v2.6.14 running under Windows. Thanks in advance.

Parag Chandra
SlickEdit Inc.
Software Engineer
919-473-0114