[xml] register i/o callback functionality

Within the php/xml integration it looks like we hit a problem with the way we are integrating php streams and libxml. Currently we are registering the streams when php is loaded, which someone has reported is messing up their apache module. And idea was proposed that the callbacks get registered on the request startup and destroyed and request shutdown.

Looking at the libxml code, would this even solve the problem we are seeing, as it seems to me that the the callbacks are registered globally so even if they were set on the request startup, our streams functionality would still leak into other modules during the request as it doesnt look as if the callbacks are able to be defined on a per thread basis. Also, there could be a possibility that while someone is trying to match against the registered streams, someone else could be in the middle of destroying the streams.

Can any one shed any light on this for me and if there is a possible way to work around this (assuming I am not off base in regards to registering them at the request startup)?

Thanks,

Rob