"Re: [xml] Errors given by xmlSchemaValidateDoc"

Hi,

on 5/25/2004 8:55 AM Jeremie Blanc-Tranchant inrialpes fr wrote:

Hi!

When I use a schema in order to verify my XML documents, errors message when
the doc is wrong are hight level and corresponding line numbers are not given
(line 0 is always indicated) :

"sample/SiconosModelXML.xml:0: element DS: Schemas validity error : Element DS
content check failure"

Is it possible to have best errors message ? like its given by
xmlSchemaSetValidErrors, to verify the correct structure of a schema, who
indicates errors with accuracy.

Do you use xmllint, testSchemas or a self-written application to validate?

Missing line numbers: If it's possible, try to reproduce this using a
test application with the use of "xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc()" to
register error callbacks [1].

Content check failure: yes, actually the schema processor does not give
much textual hints, if the content model is not satisfied (jesus, I'm
using the w3c schema jargon 8-/ ). You may want to bugzilla a feature
request...

[1] "http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2004-May/msg00141.html";

Greetings,

Kasimier