Re: [xml] What is the advantage of a Reader vs a Parser?

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 04:36:26PM +1200, BJ Chippindale wrote:
Hello All

I read the code examples and documentation, implemented a reader and I
am implementing a parser, and I STILL have to ask.  It looks as though
the parser and the reader both walk the tree with the reader doing it
more "hands off", and I can't find anything to tell me why/when I should
use one and not the other.  Can anyone point me at something that will
tell me?  ... or am I about to find out as I do the parser?

  The Reader will use low memory. It will never need a full version of the
tree in memory, i.e. it's a streaming parser...

DISCLAIMER:  The content of this email is confidential and may contain
legally privileged information intended only for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the recipient, please be advised that
the use, distribution and publication of the above information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact
NetworkAdvantage by returning the email and destroying the original.
Thank you.

  This sounds incompatible with archival of this list and exposing the
archives on-line :-(

Daniel