[xml] What is the advantage of a Reader vs a Parser?

Hello All

I read the code examples and documentation, implemented a reader and I
am implementing a parser, and I STILL have to ask.  It looks as though
the parser and the reader both walk the tree with the reader doing it
more "hands off", and I can't find anything to tell me why/when I should
use one and not the other.  Can anyone point me at something that will
tell me?  ... or am I about to find out as I do the parser?

respectfully
BJ

NetworkAdvantageTM Corporation Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand.
email:  bchippindale networkadvantage biz
web:  www.networkadvantage.biz
direct: +64-21-168 9372
office: +64-4-237 7716
fax: +64-4-237 6044

NetworkAdvantageTM  - New Satellite Solutions for New Markets
DISCLAIMER:  The content of this email is confidential and may contain
legally privileged information intended only for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the recipient, please be advised that
the use, distribution and publication of the above information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact
NetworkAdvantage by returning the email and destroying the original.
Thank you.