Re: [xml] Missing line numbers in error handling

David Ascher said:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 10:44:16AM -0500, David Ascher wrote:

While trying to expand the python/tests/ code to
validation and not just well-formedness, I'm finding a memory leak
the debugMemory call in tearDown.  Specifically, adding the
following test:

AssertionError: Memory leak 4415 bytes

1) Can others replicate?  (it's running against the latest windows
binary distribution, while the test is from the latest CVS
snapshot, if
that makes a difference).

  FYI, I never run Windows, I don't have a Licence for it.

I guess I was hoping that someone could replicate on any OS w/ the
Python bindings.

FWIW, simply cutting/pasting your mod into a copy of
from CVS head under Linux, I get

bill bbrack python $ ./
FAIL: Test a validation error: we get the last error only
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./", line 91, in test3
  File "./", line 38, in failUnlessXmlError
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/", line 302, in failUnlessEqual
    raise self.failureException, \
AssertionError: 77 != 4

i.e. no "memory leak" problem occurs.