Re: [xml] libxml2-2.5.11 build issue on Win2000

 Hi,

> The answer is No for two reasons:
>    - we don't do bug fixes on released version
>    - if you want to provide a patch use the result of diff -c
>      from either the latest release or from the CVS version
> If 2.5.11 does not work for you, try using the latest version. Sorry
> we don't have the manpower to maintain branches.

I got the libxml2-2.5.11 from http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Gnome/libxml2-2.5.11/ and the Install note for this release says that support for Itanium on HPUX is added. Since our product is supported both on Win 2000 and HPUX Itanium we wanted to migrate to libxml2-2.5.11 on both the platforms. If according to the release process of libxml, it means that all the changes done to port libxml2 to HPUX (Itanium) are included in libxml2-2.6.8, then we can as well move to the latest version.

Goutham S Mohan

Do you Yahoo!?