[xml] RE: Compiling the xml library with Borland C++ Builder 6 under Windows XP

Bonjour Cyrille,

Yes, I see the problem. Your BCB compiler is installed in a location
that has a space in the path name, and that is creating a problem
with parsing the -L compiler directive. I haven't experienced this
problem, because on my setup, $(BCB) expands to the short form (e.g.,
c:\progra~1\borland\cbuild~1). I'm not sure why we see different
behaviours, but there is an easy work-around. Just change the
line in the Makefile that reads:

        LDFLAGS = $(LDFLAGS) -L$(BINDIR);$(LIBPREFIX);$(LIB);$(BCB)\lib\PSdk

to:

        LDFLAGS = $(LDFLAGS) -L"$(BINDIR);$(LIBPREFIX);$(LIB);$(BCB)\lib\PSdk"

That is, put quotes around the full path list supplied with -L.

Let me know if that fixes the problem. If it works for you, I'll submit
it as a patch.

One other thing to note: after running the configuration script, you
don't need to use

        make -f Makefile.bcb

The configuration script copies Makefile.bcb (or one of its siblings,
depending on the compiler you specify) to Makefile, so all you really
need is just:

        nmake

Which will use Makefile by default.

Cheers,