Re: AW: Re: [xml] xmlwriter - fix for DTD part

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:00:24PM +0100, Mickautsch, Alfred wrote:
  I went though the patch, I am a bit concerned about API or 
ABI breakages
The fact that you reformated the header confused me a lot, I could not
distinguish potential API changes from pure reformatting (especially
since the old formatting was made consistent with the rest of libxml2 
headers and I will have to change those back at some point 
for consistency).

Oops! Sorry, that was not intended. I just ran indent on the file and
it seems to me that I had some wrong options on.
I use indent with the following options:
-bad -bap -bbb -bli4 -br -ce -brs -cs -i4 -l75 -lc75 -nut -sbi4 -psl \
-saf -sai -saw -sbi4 -ss -sc -cdw -cli4 -npcs -nbc

  Hum, I think it's the same as my own indent options, but I don't
do this for header files.

  Using the resulting libxml2-api.xml I could spot a small API break:
a couple of macros have been removed (without function replacement)
but those should not be such a big deal, so I will commit the patch.

I thought that I replaced them all with functions. I will check that
and try to provide a patch.

  there were 4 macros removed, and 2 of them were replaced by functions.

 Can you regenerate the tar, it has a problem on my side.
I assume testWriter2.c is suppeds to be added to doc/examples as
well as the others elements in the archive.

Yes, it should go there. I will provide a .zip archive because I have
the suspicion that my windows archiver might be the problem.

  oh, okay ...



Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]