Re: [xml] Incorrect processing of xmlns declarations?

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:56:15PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm using libxml2-2.6.7 with this small XML document:

--- ns.xml ---

<!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3CR3//EN"
  "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3CR3/docbookx.dtd";>
<para xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude";>Test</para>

--- ns.xml ---

To me this should just be declaring an XML Namespace.  However, xmllint
seems to think it's an attribute:

---
matthew localhost $ xmllint --valid ns.xml
ns.xml:3: element para: validity error : No declaration for attribute
xmlns:xi of element para Test
---

It looks at first glance like a bug, but I thought I'd get confirmation
of that before going to bugzilla with it.

  DTD don't know about namespace, all namespace declaration are an attribute
and must be declared as such. This is not a bug, this is conformance to specs.

Daniel