[xml] Incorrect processing of xmlns declarations?

Hi folks,

I'm using libxml2-2.6.7 with this small XML document:

--- ns.xml ---

<!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3CR3//EN"
  "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3CR3/docbookx.dtd";>
<para xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude";>Test</para>

--- ns.xml ---

To me this should just be declaring an XML Namespace.  However, xmllint
seems to think it's an attribute:

---
matthew localhost $ xmllint --valid ns.xml
ns.xml:3: element para: validity error : No declaration for attribute
xmlns:xi of element para Test
---

It looks at first glance like a bug, but I thought I'd get confirmation
of that before going to bugzilla with it.

Cheers,

Matt.