[xml] Re: Added new child to DOM tree does not have line breaks.

Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Formatting doesn't exist. You have text nodes containing formatting
spaces. The only way to be sure to get them is to generate them !

In that case, I misunderstood the meaning of 'Format' in the name xmlSaveFormatFileEnc(). The documentation says it will indent automatically, and I assumed that included adding text nodes. So you say I have to generate text nodes with spaces, which it will then use for indenting? I'll give that a shot.

It seems like such a common task, though. Is there some functionality for creating such formatting anywhere in the library, or does anyone have it?

Enno.
--
The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.