[xml] Re: Added new child to DOM tree does not have line breaks.

Debin Chen wrote:

However, if I edit a DOM tree by opening an existing XMl file, then
added a few children. After I save it, the problem is that the newly
added children works, but they do not have line breaks. One line holds
all the children and it is of course hard to read when editing the file
again.

We have seen the same here, and are looking for a solution. Someone just told me that reading the file again and then saving it will get the formatting right, but that's of yourse no more than a really bad hack.

Enno.
--
Conway's Law:
 Organizations which design systems are constrained to produce designs