Re: [xml] Post validation

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:40:09PM +1000, Steve Ball wrote:
Hi All,

Before I dive in and attempt to (re-)invent the wheel, I'll seek advice
on how to go about a task that is currently causing me difficulties.

In my library I parse an XML document using the xmlTextReader
interface.  In some circumstances I then want to validate the document,
using a call to xmlValidateDocument.  If the document has specified its
DTD using an external ID (actually a SYSTEM identifier) that is a
relative URL, validation fails because the relative URL cannot be
resolved.  This is because xmlValidateDocument calls
xmlParseDTD(ExternalID, SystemID) but it does not pass a base URI for
resolving the relative URL.

  The right fix seems to simply compose the system id with the base of
the document and pass the result to xmlParseDTD in xmlValidateDocument.

  Can you make a bugzilla report ?

Daniel