Re: [xml] Default Catalog On Windows, Deprecated API

On 14.06.2004 06:20, Mark_Vakoc peoplesoft com wrote:

Nevermind, just re-read the patch and realized you were building off the
result of GetModuleFilename.   Oops.

Thanks, that brings another issue to attention.

I call GetModuleFileNameA. NTFS uses Unicode. If libxml is in a folder which contains, say, Japanese Katakana in its name, the patch will fail. I should call GetModuleFileNameW and convert the resulting UTF-16LE string to UTF-8 before calling xmlCanonicPath with it.

Hm. But this could make the thing uncompilable on systems without the NT kernel. Hm. Perhaps it is better to use XML_CATALOG_FILES variable in the environment with non-latin file names.

Ciao,
Igor