Re: [xml] VMS and Including Schemas

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 03:25:59PM +0100, marc tomlinson uk bnpparibas com wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to parse and validate an XML document where the schema
tries to include various other schemas.

eg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
        <xs:include schemaLocation="xml$d_com:bnd2ML.xsd"/>

The error is saying that XML$D_COM:BND2ML.XSD is not a valid URI. I have tried variations with file://...
etc but with no luck.

The code is being compiled on a VMS operating system.

Can you please advise on the best course of action and whether or not including schemas is achieveable from
a VMS platform.

Many thanks in advance.

  This is not a problem in libxml2 as far as I can tell, it's a problem
in your Schemas.
  The Schemas specification is really clear about this, the value of
the schemasLocation is an URI-Reference, as defined by RFC 2396. This is
*not* a filename. So you will have to convert this to an URI, this means
you will have to prefix it with file:/// (3 slashes, please read the spec
explaining what this means) and possibly %escape other problematic characters
like the $ sign.

Daniel