RE: [xml] python bindings initialization

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: jeudi 1 juillet 2004 14:56
To: Stéphane Bidoul
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] python bindings initialization

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:19:01PM +0200, Stéphane Bidoul wrote:
  Yes this sounds like an interesting solution, but ... it
break in my regression tests. Basically I compile with
--with-mem-debug
enabled, i.e. all the memory is allocated, from the start, with
the memory debugging shell. Your trick seems to confuse something
somewhere, and all regression tests with python now fail with:
  paphio:~/XML/python/tests -> ./build.py
  Memory leak -422 bytes
[...]
Hm. I can't reproduce on windows. Any idea?

  okay I fixed it. Basically it requires trapping
libxml2.cleanupParser()
to substract the amount of memory actually freed when calling
xmlCleanupParser() from libxmlMemoryAllocatedBase.
  I now have exactly the same regression tests results as before,
I also tried configuring without memory debug activated by default and
that works too. I just commited this to CVS,

Great, thanks.

I wonder why it works differently on windows...

-sbi