[xml] Re: xml digest, Vol 1 #1251 - 13 msgs

Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Do NOT , I repeat and repeat again and again and again
    DO NOT CALL xmlCleanupParser ON ALL PARSE !!!
DO CALL xmlCleanupParser when your are done with the LIBRARY !!!

http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlCleanupParser
[...]

  You're using 4 function. Tell me WHY reading the doc for the 4 function
is asking too much of your time and asking on the list is a better option ????

  Why bother building docs ? People simply don't bother to read them :-(
it is *extremely* frustrating :-(
  Why did you call xmlCleanupParser() for each document ????

It normally happens when the name of an API function is wrong.
xmlCleanupParser is the wrong name; and nobody to blame besides the
designer of the API.

It does not clean up the parser; it clean ups the parser library;

xmlCleanupParserLibrary

would not cause confusion; or, at least, it would cause it much less
frequently.

If there is a frequent error, then not a list of frequent errors must
be created, but the design flaw must be fixed to eliminate the cause
of frequent errors.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/