From: Steve Williams [mailto:steve rinax com] Sent: quarta-feira, 28 de Janeiro de 2004 15:50
To: Pinho external infineon com
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Problems again, functions that don't existe in HP-UX,
urgent (I k now that all say this)

Well, if you are compiling your source code with a C compiler, download the newer source code version of the xml library and compile it on HP-UX. Seems like a no-brainer to me... you can even install the library in a private area that only your executable knows about if you are worried about breaking compatability with other apps that are using the library. This is what I did on .. gasp.. SCO Unix.

Cheers,
Steve

Pinho external infineon com wrote:

Hi There,

I'm in a jam right now, first I used the xmlWriter API and it didn't existed in HP-UX release (changed the code to support other functions), and now it's reading the XML.

I was using the function xmlParseFile and xmlParseDoc, but then I noticed that some persons send me some xml files and strings with identation, so i searched the parser API and I used xmlReadDoc and xmlReadFile (worked great), at least until I found out that this functions don't exist in HP-UX version of libxml2, I tried other like xmlCreateDocParserCtxt, xmlCreateURLParserCtxt and xmlParseDocument, but his also don't exist for the latest release for HP-UX :(

How can I create a xmlDocPtr with no whitespaces, using the functions availble in HP-UX?

Please help, I've got until today to deliver this !?!?!?

Thanks,

Luís Pinho

P.S.: Daniel I don't know you but please help me on this one, I'm sure you already done something like this _______________________________________________