[xml] [repost] xmlNewTextReaderFilename , detect cause of failure ?

I don't like reposting, but I'm still stuck ^-^ And I haven't seen any
answers :)

The problem doesn't seem too hard, for someone who knows xmlib,
mayby I didn't explain well ?
really short: I make an xmlWriter with the newxmlwriter function that takes a
filename, and if that fails want to find out the reason (no such file or
internal error).

I -think- I can't use the errorhandler stuff, cause you need to first have a
parser or so to attach that to.

So how best to do this ? :)

Or is this not properly possible with the current api ?

mayby that's why noone has an answer ? :)

Hope I'm not taking too much of anyones time,
        many thanks in advance again :)