Re: [xml] To build structures or not to build structures

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:46:05PM -0700, Mike Key wrote:
I am a fairly new to C and very new to libXML.  I have a simple
question regarding how to use the DOM interface.

In the tutorial on xmlsoft.org when using DOM, the example shows how to
create your own structure to store data.  Later it seems to reference
that it is easier to allow the DOM structures to hold the data and you
simply read/update/delete what you need.

Are there benefits/drawbacks to either approach?  I'm likely missing

  Is your program about reading and modifying XML files ? If yes work
directly on the tree structure of libxml2, if no, then XML is just
an external representation of your data and usually not the best suited
for processing of those data.

Daniel