Re: [xml] Handling minor errors in XML and continuing

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:38:22AM -0700, stephen wrote:

I appreciate that in an ideal world the buggy clients would be fixed,
but that's just not an option for me.  What can I do?

I had a similar problem: I have to process documents which
contain additional markup (like "* heading" instead of
"<h1>heading</h1>").

My solution was to put a preprocessor before the XML parser.
Since I'm using Java, I just wrote a class which implements
Reader and pass that to SAXBuilder.build(). Now, my
preprocessor filters the input and the XML parser sees
only valid XML and I don't have to create a temporary
file.

Maybe something similar is possible with libxml?

http://www.philmann-dark.de/