Re: [xml] Handling minor errors in XML and continuing

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 04:05, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
You are pretty much doomed. Daniel's approach (and I fully support this)
has always been that libxml only handles well-formed input. If it is not
well-formed, it is not XML and so you want libnotxml or something
similar to handle your data.

The XML Specification also requires parsing to stop on well-formedness
errors; when we were designing XML we wanted to avoid the problem with
HTML whereby parsers have to try and guess what the author meant all
the time.

There are a few applications (an editor is the primary example) where
this is inappropriate, but they really are very few.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org