RE: [other] [xml] Re: Libxml symbols

I'm using vs.net 2003 without problems here...

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-admin gnome org [mailto:xml-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Igor
Zlatkovic
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 8:00 AM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [other] [xml] Re: Libxml symbols

Jacob Rohde wrote:

I'm in dire straits here :-) and could really need some help.

I'm compiling a project using VS7.1 and libxml2-2.6.6. When compiling I'm
linking with the libxml2.lib file but I get some unresolved externals:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlFree

I would really appreciate any info, ideas or help on this.

Visual Studio .NET isn't supported, in any version. It's copiler links
to the "wrong" runtime (msvcr71.dll instead of msvcrt.dll) and there is
no way to change that short of patching the compiler binaries with a hex
editor.

This is an upcoming issue which I must deal with somehow. At the moment,
noone can upgrade to VC 7 easily. Those who do must build their own
binaries. I still don't know what to do about this. Stay tuned, I'll
post a separate message and explain the matters in more detail in the
near future.

If you want to use that compiler now, you will have to recompile
everything. Iconv, zlib, libxml, everything. This has nothing to do with
the error you get above, but you are advised to go that way because
you'll have crashes otherwise. Your problem will likely dissapear then
as well.

Ciao,
Igor