Re: [xml] REPOST: xmlTextReader And RelaxNG (was Accurate Line Numbers?)

<serious egg on my face>

I added xmlTextReaderGetLocator a few months ago and forgot about it! I
had made other changes and abandoned them with cvs update -C but this
change stuck for some reason (probably because I was using it).  I
thought I was dealing with a clean cvs checkout, but obviously I'm not.

So, perhaps my original question was more accurate:

How does one *correctly* get line number information from the
xmlTextReader interface? In CVS there is only one way to obtain an
xmlTextReaderLocatorPtr and that is via the error callback. I added
xmlTextReaderGetLocator to allow me to get the locator in non-error
situations.  Suppose I wanted to print the correct line number for every
start tag (or end tag) that is encountered during xmlTextReader parsing?
How should I do it?

If you want to try the test program, you'll need the patch that is
attached. It provides the declaration and definition of
xmlTextReaderGetLocator. The patch was generated with cvs diff -Nacp. In
case you're concerned, this patch constitutes the entire local changes
I've made to libxml2. Everything else is as it was in CVS a few days
ago.

Sorry for the confusion, life's been hectic here the last few months.

Reid.