Re: [xml] optimizing patch for xpath.c
- From: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- To: Petr Pajas <pajas ufal ms mff cuni cz>
- Cc: libxml2 <xml gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [xml] optimizing patch for xpath.c
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:48:29 -0500
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:26:58PM +0100, Petr Pajas wrote:
The attached simple copy/paste patch for xpath.c applies the
optimisation again as soon as the highest non-common ancestor elements
for the compared nodes are found.
This makes sense.
The results are quite surprising:
Of course, if the document contained only elements, there would be
little difference, if any at all.
maybe a bit of slowdown due to the repeated test, no ?
This passes the regression test of libxml2 and libxslt, so commited,
thanks a lot !
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
] [Thread Prev