Re: [xml] autoconf/automake and libxml2

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 22:03, Jesper Mørk wrote:
Thanks, but I still get alot of parse errors. On closer inspection it
seems that it can't find the xmlversion.h file. From gcc:

/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlmemory.h:16:31: libxml/xmlversion.h: No
such file or directory

Which is of course true since xmlversion.h resides in
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/ and not
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/libxml/

This is not correct. The include statement in xmlmemory.h is

        #include <libxml/xmlversion.h>

so it searches all the include paths passed to the compiler for this
file. Your diagnosis would only be correct if is was including
"libxml/xmlversion.h" (in double quotes, rather than angle brackets).
Since one of the include paths GCC searchs will be /usr/include/libxml2
(as returned by pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0), this should work.

Maybe you need to provide some information about what version of libxml2
you are using and check that this isn't a bug that has been fixed
subsequently. If you have a recent version of libxml2, check the gcc
line that is compiling the file that blows up. Check to see that it has
something like -I/usr/include/libxml2 on it.

Cheers,
Malcolm