[xml] problem with xmlTextReader

Hi, I just came accross a problem. I'm storing an image as a pixmap, using my own encoding (basically I use 4 letters for each pixel). I didn't have any problem with the sax parser, but now that I switched to the text reader, I found that it only reads part of the text node (about 700 characters). The only solution I found was to store each pixel <pixel>ABCD</pixel> but it's ridiculous. Can you suggest any alternative solutions? Thanks!
<ADRIAN>