Re: [xml] Some things about xmlCharEncodingHandler

Oliver Stöneberg wrote:
So the "patch" is OK and should be applied, right?

The one which lets xmlNewCharEncodingHandler return an existing handler instead of creating a new one, if a handler for the given encoding is allready registered. That one won't do any harm.

I still think you should never need to replace the default handlers for a given encoding. Why would you want to do that?

I don't want to do that, I just had the thought, that somebody mightwant to do it in his program. I just thought about a few things, that could happen and what would be teh cause of the change to the xmlNewCharEncodingHandler function.

Okay.

Ciao,
Igor